A native to Philadelphia, PA and currently on active duty — serving in the United States Air Force since 2003. Bird holds a diverse background within the athletic community as well as general health and fitness helping many people reach their individual strength, health and fitness goals. He is finalizing his undergraduate degree and is currently studying to certify as strength and conditioning specialist and a tactical strength and conditioning facilitator — with focus in youth athletic development and tactical athletic conditioning. He provides nutrition counselling, exercise programming as well as strength development instruction to anyone in need.
With only 10 years of competition experience under his belt, he is a member of the U.S. Air Force Powerlifting as well as Goggins Force and is currently a Class 1 lifter with USA Powerlifting credited with a 250 kg/551 lbs. squat, 160 kg/352 lbs. bench press, and 280 kg/617 lbs. deadlift for a (cumulative) total of 690 kg/1,518 lbs. Bird has trained around the country at places such as Westside Barbell and has had direct, hands-on mentorship from Gene Bell (8x World Champion) and Steve Goggins (first man to squat 1,100 lbs). He has also assisted with and facilitated more than 10 powerlifting meets spanning a 6-year period. Finally, Bird is a certified state-referee for the USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Federation and has judged more than 1.5 thousand individual lifts.
- 2018 USAPL Texas State Championships – 1st Place Raw Open, 93 kg/205 lbs. Class
- 2018 USAPL Winter Games – 1st Place Raw Open, 93 kg/205 lbs. Class
- 2016 USAPL Summer Fest – 3rd Place Raw Open; 1st Place Push/Pull; 1st Place Deadlift Only 93 kg/205 lbs. Class
- 2016 USAPL Military National Championships – 3rd Place Raw Open 93 kg/205 lbs. Class
- 2015 USAPL Raw Nationals – 1st Place Raw Military, Fire & Police 93 kg/205 lbs. Class
- 2015 USAPL Military Nationals and Southeastern State Bench Competition – 2nd Place Raw Open 93 kg/205 lbs. Class